Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hooters is my 'Happy Place' and why I dream in Orange...


Regrettably, I spent a lifetime NOT going to Hooters. I was seriously ignorant and completely unaware of the Joys of Hooters that I had been missing. ..it's like 'Guy Heaven' and really has become my Happy Place.

I remember my first time....
Back in 2002 it was time for me to leave the service (ETS if you're a Vet) and when the Drill Sergeants and Instructors I worked and trained with found out I had never been to Hooters, they were shocked! So naturally that's where we had my ETS (you're a Civilian now - Yeah!) Party.

I was mesmerized, fascinated, thrilled even. CUTE little girls in even cuter orange outfits came and took our orders, served and refilled our drinks, and flirted with a room full of my rowdy friends and co-workers.

At that time (way back then) the girls could still sit on your lap to take your order. Now, I crush pretty easily (a fact we'll talk about often) and I often fall for girls with big brown eyes. And Kira - my first Hooters crush had the biggest, brown eyes and long dark hair and naturally the cutest little orange butt.... ahh, such fond memories. The first of many Hooters girls I've fallen for.

I'm a little older and wiser now, and I COMPLETELY understand the service industry and how working in a tipping environment really works. But Hooters Girls ROCK! and Hooters will always be my HAPPY PLACE! You'll hear (or read) about it again.

Check you later, so MAN UP! Dude. - K

PS. By the way - I left fairly early that night. Shortly after that, my Senior Drill and my 1st Sgt. had a few too many pitchers and started the very first 'mini-riot' at my Happy Place! BANNED from HOOTERS (them - not me!). Could there be a worse fate?

No comments: